Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
School of Management and Labor Relations
About the University
About the School of Management and Labor Relations
Financial Aid
Academic Policies and Procedures
Student Responsibility to Keep Informed
Student Mailing Addresses
Online Services and NetID
Registration and Course Information
Matriculation Continued
Summer Registration
Change of Registration and Withdrawal
Transfer of Credit
Intercollege Registration
Multiple School Registration
Courses Taken “Not for Credit”
Auditing Courses without Registration
Graduate Enrollment in Undergraduate Courses
Undergraduate Enrollment in Graduate Courses
Minimum and Maximum Programs
Full-Time and Part-Time Students
Nonmatriculated Graduate Students
Change of Graduate Program
Change of Status (Graduate Students)
Readmission or Restoration of Active Status
Class Schedules and Hours
Grades and Records
Academic Standing
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Academic Integrity Policy
University Code of Student Conduct Summary
Peer-to-Peer File Sharing
University Safety and Security
Office for Violence Prevention and Victim Assistance
Services for Students with Disabilities
Administrative Procedures for Responding to Disruptions
Policy Prohibiting Discrimination and Harassment
Student Policy Prohibiting Sexual Harassment, Sexual Violence, Stalking, and Related Misconduct
Drug-Free Schools and Campuses Act
Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act Reports
Graduation Rates
Teacher Preparation Program Pass Rates
Student Records and Privacy Rights under FERPA
Student Residency for Tuition Purposes
Research Policies
Patent Policy
B.A. in Human Resource Management
B.S. in Labor and Employment Relations and B.A. in Labor Studies and Employment Relations
Master's Degree Programs
Master's Program in Human Resource Management (M.H.R.M.)
Online Professional Master's in Human Resource Management (M.H.R.M.)
Combined Bachelor of Science/Master of Human Resource Management Degree
Master's Program in Labor and Employment Relations (M.L.E.R.)
Five-Year Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science/Master of Labor and Employment Relations Degree Program
Ph.D. Program in Industrial Relations and Human Resources (I.R.H.R.)
Divisions of the University
Camden Newark New Brunswick/Piscataway
  School of Management and Labor Relations 2018-2020 Academic Policies and Procedures Registration and Course Information Transfer of Credit  

Transfer of Credit

Students may not transfer credits for courses taken at other institutions until they have completed at least 12 credits of coursework with a grade of B or better as a matriculated student at the School of Management and Labor Relations. The courses being transferred must relate directly to a student's program of study at Rutgers, and the student must have received a grade of B or better in them. No credit may be transferred for thesis research work, coursework done as independent study, or work in courses that were not graded. Grades of P or S are eligible for transfer if equivalent to a grade of C or better for undergraduate courses, and B or better for graduate courses.

Permission is required to transfer credit for courses taken more than six years prior to the application for transfer of credit.

Undergraduate Transfer Credits
The following limits are set on the maximum number of transferable undergraduate degree credits

  • No more than 60 credits from two-year institutions
  • No more than 90 credits from four-year institutions
  • No more than 12 of the last 42 credits earned for the degree may be transfer credits.

Graduate Transfer Credits
No more than 40 percent of the credits required for a master's degree may be transferred from another institution. Quarter credits will be converted to semester credits by reducing the total by one-third. The following limits are set on the maximum number of transferable undergraduate degree credits:

  • No more than 12 credits may be transferred for the master of labor and employment relations program
  • No more than 18 credits may be transferred for the master of human resource management program

For transfer of graduate-level courses taken as an undergraduate student, a letter is required from the registrar of the institution involved stating that the course or courses were not used toward an undergraduate degree. Applications for transfer of credit are available from graduate program directors.

For additional information, contact RU-info at 848-445-info (4636) or
Comments and corrections to: Campus Information Services.

© 2019 Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. All rights reserved.
Catalogs Home