Students in the sport management major must complete a 6-credit internship 01:955:490 (252 hours) during their senior year. The internship provides the students with the opportunity to practice and/or apply knowledge and skills in various professional environments.
To qualify for the senior internship, students must satisfy the following criteria:
- Complete a minimum of 90 credits, with a minimum of 20 credits in the major.
- Overall GPA must be at least 2.0.
- Major GPA must be at least 2.0.
- Meet all deadlines for submission of the application document.
- Attend the mandatory pre-internship meeting as well as a course meeting prior to the start of their internship hours.