The following requirements must be met before declaring the major in psychology:
1. Completion of 01:830:101 General Psychology with a grade of C or better.
2. Completion of 01:830:200 Quantitative Methods in Psychology with a grade of C or better.
The following requirements must be met to complete a major in psychology:
1. Completion of six of the seven core courses in psychology. The seven
core courses are 01:830:301 Sensation and Perception, 01:830:305
Cognition, 01:830:311 Conditioning and Learning, 01:830:313
Physiological Psychology, 01:830:321 Social Psychology, 01:830:331
Infant and Child Development, and 01:830:340 Abnormal Psychology.
2. Completion of one course designated as a laboratory course.
3. Completion of four additional 3- or 4-credit elective courses at the
200 level or higher. No more than one of these four additional courses
may be a nonclassroom course such as fieldwork, internship, or
research. No college honors courses (except those with 830 subject
index) may count toward this requirement.
4. Completion of
precalculus (01:640:112 or 115) or tested placement into calculus. All
laboratory courses in psychology have precalculus as a prerequisite.
5. A cumulative grade-point average of at least 2.0 in all psychology
(01:830) courses including, if available, up to 6 credits of Honors
Research in Psychology or up to 3 credits of other nonclassroom credits
6. A minimum of 38 credits in psychology (830 subject index) must be completed.
7. At least seven of the 3- or 4-credit courses counting toward the
major must be taken at Rutgers-New Brunswick/Piscataway.
Membership in the Psychology Club is open to all majors. Information and applications may be obtained online at http://www.psychology.rutgers.edu.