addition to meeting minimum academic requirements, applicants are
evaluated for personal qualifications and suitability for professional
social work education.
Consideration is given to such areas as:
- motivation toward, knowledge of, interest in, and preparation for social work education;
- openness to new approaches and ideas;
- capacity for introspection;
- ability to analyze social problems;
- ability to deal with individual and cultural differences;
- identification with social work values; and
- commitment to practice that includes services to
the poor and oppressed and to the alleviation of poverty, oppression,
Professional readiness is assessed by
careful review of the entire application, with special attention given
to the personal statement and letters of recommendation.