Learning goals for students who successfully complete the program in animal science:
- Students will achieve broad, survey level knowledge of the animal science discipline in order to understand the future of the field and to appreciate its diversity.
- Students will be able to integrate basic biology and mathematical principles to assess higher concepts in animal physiology, nutrition, genetics, and reproduction.
- Students will be able to design and conduct experiments, critically analyze scientific data, and present the information in an understandable manner.
- Students will be able to communicate professional and/or technical information effectively (orally, in writing, and through electronic media).
- Students will be able to handle, care for, and respect domestic animals.