The minor in Medical Ethics and Health Policy enables undergraduate students to explore the conceptual foundations of medical ethics as well as develop an appreciation of how they inform contemporary health policy in an era of major scientific innovation, technological advances, and resource constraints.
- 10:652:201 or 01:730:248 Foundations of Medical Ethics & Policy (3)
- 10:652:400 or 01:730:375* Research Ethics (3)
- Six credits of Ethics courses (see overview)
- Six credits of Health Policy courses (see overview)
- One additional three-credit course from either the Ethics or Health Policy lists (see overview)
Minor flow sheet
Courses taken in fulfillment of the Medical Ethics and Health Policy minor cannot be double-counted to fulfill the requirements of a major. Credit is issued only once for cross-listed courses. Not all courses are offered every semester.
*01:730:375 is a Philosophy special topics course number. It will be replaced with a permanent course number for Research Ethics.