|Public Administration and Management Minor
The Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy welcomes students in any Rutgers University-New Brunswick major to investigate our minor programs of study and certificate programs. Bloustein School students are now allowed to major/minor within the school's programs.
Students should declare a minor with their matriculating school; they need not apply for minor status with the Bloustein School. Only courses with a grade of C or better can be counted toward the minor program of study. For the most current configuration of courses for this minor, please see the school's website at https://bloustein.rutgers.edu.
MINOR PROGRAM OF STUDY
843 Public Administration and Management Minor (21 credits)
The minor is well matched to majors in criminal justice, economics, human resource management, information technology and informatics, labor studies and employment relations, prelaw, political science, social work, and more.
Students seeking the public administration and management minor must complete five core courses and two elective courses in 843, which must be at the 300 level or higher
- 10:501:207 Accounting for Professionals or 33:010:272 Introduction to Financial Accounting (3)
- 10:843:209 Principles of Public Administration and Management
- 10:762/833/843:210 Principles of Public Policy (3) or 01:790:342 Public Administration: Policymaking (3)
- 10:843:313 Government Budgeting and Finance (3)
- 10:843:315 Administrative Law and Ethical Management (3)
- Two electives (6 credits)