Students in initial
teacher preparation programs may only proceed to Clinical Practice Phase III if all of the following conditions are met:
- Satisfactory academic work has been
demonstrated in every one of the required education courses.
- A grade of C or better has been earned in every
No more than one grade of C has been earned as a final grade in education courses.
- Any coursework with an original grade of D or F
has been successfully retaken and a grade of A, B, or C earned.
- An appropriate major in content-area coursework
has been completed.
- Any additional program-specific requirements have
Exceptions to these rules
may be granted only by the Graduate School of Education associate dean for academic
- Successful completion of all required licensure exams.
- A program-specific faculty committee has reviewed
the student's record and recommended continuation.