Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
School of Social Work
About the University
About the School
Degree Programs
Continuing Education and Professional Development
Professional Credit Courses (Nonmatriculated)
Financial Aid
Student Associations
Academic Policies and Procedures
Student Responsibility to Keep Informed
Registration and Course Information
Late Registration
Change of Courses
Minimum and Maximum Programs
Transfer of Credit
Continuous Registration, Leave of Absence
Intercollege Registration
Time Limits for Degrees
Class Schedules and Hours
Grades and Records
Academic Standing
Student Grievance/Complaint Procedures
Policy for Pregnant and New Parent Students
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Academic Integrity Policy
University Code of Student Conduct Summary
Peer-to-Peer File Sharing
University Safety and Security
Office for Violence Prevention and Victim Assistance
Services for Students with Disabilities
Administrative Procedures for Responding to Disruptions
Policy Prohibiting Discrimination and Harassment
Student Policy Prohibiting Sexual Harassment, Sexual Violence, Stalking, and Related Misconduct
Drug-Free Schools and Campuses Act
Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act Reports
Graduation Rates
Teacher Preparation Program Pass Rates
Student Records and Privacy Rights Under FERPA
Student Residency for Tuition Purposes
Research Policies
Patent Policy
Course Listings
Administration and Faculty
Field Agencies
Divisions of the University
Camden Newark New Brunswick/Piscataway
  School of Social Work 2019-2021 Academic Policies and Procedures Registration and Course Information Withdrawal  


A graduate student who wishes to withdraw from all courses does so by submitting a written notice to the School of Social Work's Office of Student Affairs in New Brunswick. Email correspondence is highly recommended. A student who leaves the university without officially withdrawing receives a failing grade in each course. The date on which the Office of Student Affairs receives the written notice governs the academic and financial consequences of withdrawal. Written notices should be sent to

The privilege of official withdrawal is not granted after the eighth week of the semester; students who leave school during this period are still considered officially enrolled and will receive final grades for the semester.

Please note that notification to the instructor or field education office(s) does not fulfill the student's obligation to communicate directly and in writing with the School of Social Work's Office of Student Affairs in New Brunswickin all matters pertaining to changes in registration and withdrawal.

For additional information, contact RU-info at 848-445-info (4636) or
Comments and corrections to: Campus Information Services.

2019 Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. All rights reserved.
Catalogs Home