The goal of the MBS Horticulture & Turfgrass concentration is to educate and equip students to work as private consultants or to be directly hired by institutions to design, manage, and provide direct services related to horticulture, landscaping, agriculture, commercial horticulture, and turf management. In addition to gaining advanced, hands-on scientific knowledge, students will gain fundamental knowledge of key business areas including finance and accounting, marketing, communication and leadership, ethics, intellectual property, regulatory, and entrepreneurship.
Through expert instruction and experiential education, students will:
- Gain thorough understanding of horticulture and related career areas
- Gain fundamental, working knowledge of production and management processes
- Gain a fundamental overview of key business areas that both impact and are impacted by the international agricultural industry
Preferred Academic or Professional Experience
- It is strongly recommended that applicants possess a bachelor's degree in biological sciences or human science area (social work, psychology or related fields).
- It is also recommended that students have completed one year of general biology, one year of general chemistry, and one year of plant science and/or botany.
Applicants who are unsure of their eligibility for this concentration should schedule an appointment with an enrollment specialist.
- All professional experience will be considered as part of the application process.