Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Undergraduate-New Brunswick
About the University
Undergraduate Education in New Brunswick
Programs of Study and Courses for Liberal Arts and Sciences Students
School of Arts and Sciences
School of Environmental and Biological Sciences
Mason Gross School of the Arts
Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy
Rutgers Business School: Undergraduate-New Brunswick
School of Communication and Information
School of Engineering
Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy
General Information
Academic Policies and Procedures
Student Responsibility to Keep Informed
Academic Credit for Transfer Courses
Academic Advising
Grade Appeals
Grade Appeals Process
Academic Integrity
Scholastic Standing
Dean's List
Probation and Dismissal
Withdrawal from Classes
Degree Requirements
Programs of Study
Ralph W. Voorhees Public Service and Civic Engagement Fellowship Programs
Course Listing
Administration, Centers, and Faculty
Student Organizations
School of Management and Labor Relations
Honors College of Rutgers University-New Brunswick
General Information
Divisions of the University
Camden Newark New Brunswick/Piscataway
New Brunswick Undergraduate Catalog 2022-2024 Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy Academic Policies and Procedures Academic Credit for Transfer Courses  

Academic Credit for Transfer Courses
  • Transfer Credits: The transfer evaluation is done course-by-course.  In general, credits are granted for courses taken at accredited colleges and universities if they are the equivalent of courses offered by Rutgers University and a grade of at least a "C" has been earned. Up to 60 degree credits can transfer from community college. Up to 90 degree credits can transfer from another four-year college or university. The maximum combined number of transfer credits between a two-year and four-year school is 90.

  • Transferring from NJCCs: Students should refer to NJ Transfer for course equivalencies between a NJ Community College (NJCC) and Rutgers' Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy. In order to waive the school's general education requirements when coming from a NJCC, students should have an Associate of Arts (AA) or an Associate of Science (AS) degree completed in or after Spring 2005 per the NJ state-wide transfer agreement.

A student who has transferred from another institution may receive degree credit toward Bloustein School majors only for those courses that are equivalent in content and credit to courses in the Rutgers curriculum. Up to 12 transfer credits can be applied to a Bloustein School major.

Transfer credit from another institution is not included in the student's cumulative grade-point average at Rutgers

For additional information, contact RU-info at 732/932-info (4636) or
Comments and corrections to: Campus Information Services.

© 2022 Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. All rights reserved.