Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Undergraduate-New Brunswick
About the University
Undergraduate Education in New Brunswick/Piscataway
Programs of Study For Liberal Arts Students
Douglass College
Livingston College
Rutgers College
University College
Cook College
Mason Gross School of the Arts
Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy
Rutgers Business School: Undergraduate-New Brunswick
School of Communication, Information and Library Studies (SCILS)
School of Engineering
General Information
Descriptions of Fields of Study
Academic Policies and Procedures
Degree Requirements
Programs of Study
Four-Year Engineering Curricula
Five-Year Engineering Curricula
Transfer Programs With Camden and Newark
Two-Plus-Two Transfer Program
Five-Year Transfer Program
Other Academic Programs
Course Listing
Administration and Faculty
Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy
General Information
Camden Newark New Brunswick/Piscataway
New Brunswick/Piscataway Undergraduate Catalog 2005-2007 School of Engineering Transfer Programs With Camden and Newark Five-Year Transfer Program  

Five-Year Transfer Program

Students apply to either CCAS or NCAS and attend one of these colleges for the first two years of the program. After two years, students transfer to the School of Engineering in New Brunswick/Piscataway and come under the academic jurisdiction of that college for the remaining three years. At that time, the student chooses a liberal arts college in New Brunswick/Piscataway (Douglass College, Livingston College, or Rutgers College) with which to affiliate for student services. During the first term of enrollment in New Brunswick/Piscataway, the student applies to one of the liberal arts colleges for admission for the second degree. If accepted, the student must satisfy that college's requirements for the B.A. degree. The B.A. degree in a liberal arts or science discipline and the B.S. degree in engineering are both conferred at the end of the fifth year.

Elective courses during the first two years must be selected with the aid and approval of the student's faculty adviser in Camden or Newark. See the respective catalogs for CCAS and NCAS for information on suitable electives for the first two years. Also see the paragraph on the distribution of electives under the five-year B.A./B.S. program in New Brunswick/Piscataway earlier in this chapter.

For additional information, contact RU-info at 732/932-info (4636) or
Comments and corrections to: Campus Information Services.

2005 Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. All rights reserved.