Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Graduate School-Camden
About the University
Graduate Study at the University
Financial Aid
Student Life
Student Programs and Services
Academic Policies and Procedures
Student Responsibility to Keep Informed
Registration and Course Information
Continuous Registration
Summer Session Registration
Late Registration
Change of Registration
Intrauniversity Registration
Courses Taken “Not-for-Credit”
Pass/No-Credit Courses
Auditing Courses without Registration
Undergraduate Enrollment in Graduate Courses
Dual-Degree Programs
Transfer Credit
Transient Credit
Minimum and Maximum Courseloads
Full- and Part-Time Students
Teaching Assistants and Graduate Assistants
Grades and Records
Academic Standing
Class Schedules and Hours
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Academic Integrity Policy
University Code of Student Conduct Summary
Peer-to-Peer File Sharing
University Safety and Security
Office for Violence Prevention and Victim Assistance
Disability Services
Administrative Procedures for Responding to Disruptions
Policy Prohibiting Discrimination and Harassment
Title IX Policy and Grievance Procedures
Drug-Free Schools and Campuses Act
Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act Reports
Graduation Rates
Teacher Preparation Program Pass Rates
Student Records and Privacy Rights under FERPA
Student Residency for Tuition Purposes
Research Policies
Patent Policy
Degree Requirements
Graduate School-Camden
Rutgers School of Business-Camden
School of Nursing-Camden
School of Social Work: Master of Social Work (M.S.W.) Program
Divisions of the University
Camden Newark New Brunswick/Piscataway
  Camden Graduate Catalog 2021-2023 Academic Policies and Procedures Registration and Course Information Intrauniversity Registration  

Intrauniversity Registration

Graduate Courses

Students in the Graduate School-Camden may take courses offered by another graduate division of Rutgers University by consulting with and gaining the approval of their graduate program director and the associate dean of the Graduate School-Camden. The student must formally apply for a transient credit transfer prior to taking the course. The transient credit approval form may be found on the Graduate School Forms website.

All grade changes must be authorized by the dean or designee of the school offering the course.

Exceptions to published deadlines or academic policies regarding a course for the current semester must be authorized by the dean of the school offering the course.

Undergraduate Courses

Graduate students may enroll in advanced undergraduate courses (at the 300 or 400 level) with the approval of their graduate program director and the associate dean of the graduate school. The maximum number of undergraduate courses that graduate students can enroll in for graduate credit is two.

Courses numbered 500 or above are designed for graduate students and normally carry credit toward a graduate degree. When a student is either permitted or required to take a course numbered below 500, he or she must register with a credit prefix that will appear on the permanent record as follows: G-the undergraduate course has been approved for graduate credit; E-the undergraduate course is excluded from credit in the graduate program. In order to obtain a G prefix, students must complete the G Prefix Approval Form and have it signed by their graduate program director and the associate dean of the graduate school. Undergraduate courses taken by graduate students are charged the graduate tuition rate. Graduate students registered for undergraduate coursework are bound by the policies of the school under which the course is offered.

The graduate credit approval forms may be found on the Graduate School Forms website.

Rates for Tuition and Fees

All credits taken outside of a student's school are billed at the per-credit graduate tuition and fee rates that are set by the school in which he or she is admitted and enrolled, regardless of the levels (graduate or undergraduate) of the courses taken, the tuition rates of the schools offering the courses, or the credit prefix and/or grading stipulations of the courses.

For additional information, contact RU-info at 848-445-info (4636) or
Comments and corrections to: Campus Information Services.

© 2022 Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. All rights reserved.
Catalogs Home