The program accepts a limited number of students on a nonmatriculated basis. To apply as a nonmatriculated student:
- Complete a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Submit official transcript(s) showing all coursework from
undergraduate and graduate schools. The minimum GPA for admission is
- Complete an undergraduate course in statistics and another in
research methods. This requirement can be fulfilled after admission.
Prior coursework or experience in criminal justice is also recommended.
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
- Submit a statement of purpose.
- Submit a brief résumé if one's work experience is relevant to the application.
Nonmatriculated students are limited to two courses per semester and
are limited to a total of 12 credits. Advancement to degree status takes
place on or before the 12-credit mark and requires a minimum B grade in
each course, submission of GRE scores, and the approval of the graduate