Students require a bachelor's degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (B
average or equivalent) and a firm foundation in linear algebra and
multivariable calculus. A bachelor's degree in a basic science or
engineering field is preferred but not required.
Both fall and spring admissions are allowed. The application deadlines for all application material are:
- Fall admission application deadline: May 31 (March 31 for international applicants)
- Spring admission application deadline: October 31 (September 30 for international applicants)
Applicants wishing to be considered for assistantships, fellowships,
or other financial aid may only apply for fall semester admission and should
submit their applications by March 1 (per university regulation).
Applicants apply online through the Rutgers Graduate and Professional Admissions website to
program Computer Science: Scientific Computing (56198) at the Graduate
School-Camden. All applicants to the master of science program in computer science must
submit the following:
- At least two strong letters of recommendation: among these, we prefer at least one letter from an academic mentor
- Academic transcripts
- Official GRE General Test score report
- Personal statement (at most two pages long) about academic interests and career goals
- For applicants whose native language is not English, official TOEFL score report
For more information, see https://cs.camden.rutgers.edu/graduate/scientific-computing. Application forms can be obtained online at http://gradstudy.rutgers.edu.