Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Graduate School of Education
About the University
About the School
Academic Programs Available
Financial Aid
Academic Policies and Procedures
Student Responsibility to Keep Informed
School of Public Health Code of Professional Conduct and Honor Code
Academic Advisement
Auditing a Course
Course Cancellation
Course Evaluation
Course Exemption
Incomplete Grades
Independent Study
Late Registration
Credits Earned Prior to Leave of Absence
Leave of Absence
Maintaining Matriculation
Quantitative Skills Assessment
Transfer Credits
Degree/Concentration Transfers
Administrative Withdrawal
Tuition and Fees
Academic Standing
Doctoral Programs
Dress Standards
Duration of Study and Matriculation
Grading System
Graduation Information
Student Obligations to the University
Personally Owned Communication/Recording Devices in the Classroom
Satisfactory Academic Progress
Student Grievance
Student Health Insurance
Student Identification Card
Student Immunization
Online Services and NetID
Absence Due to Religious Observance
Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Disciplinary Procedures
Academic Dishonesty: Definitions, Offenses, and Sanctions
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Academic Integrity Policy
University Code of Student Conduct Summary
Peer-to-Peer File Sharing
University Safety and Security
Office for Violence Prevention and Victim Assistance
Services for Students with Disabilities
Administrative Procedures for Responding to Disruptions
Policy Prohibiting Discrimination and Harassment
Student Policy Prohibiting Sexual Harassment, Sexual Violence, Stalking, and Related Misconduct
Drug-Free Schools and Campuses Act
Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act Reports
Graduation Rates
Teacher Preparation Program Pass Rates
Student Records and Privacy Rights under FERPA
Student Residency for Tuition Purposes
Research Policies
Patent Policy
Degree Requirements
Certificate Programs
Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) Programs
Master of Science (M.S.) Programs
Doctor of Public Health (Dr.P.H.) Programs
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Programs
Bachelor's/Master's Programs
Dual-Degree Programs
Student Services
Continuing Education
Administration, Centers, and Faculty
Divisions of the University
Camden Newark New Brunswick/Piscataway
  School of Public Health 2018-2020 Academic Policies and Procedures Registration Degree/Concentration Transfers  

Degree/Concentration Transfers

Once an applicant accepts an admission offer from a concentration and enrolls, that student is considered to be a student at that location in that concentration. Please note that students may take courses at any of the school's locations without effecting any type of transfer.

Program Degree Transfers
If a student wishes to officially transfer to a different degree (M.P.H. to M.S. or M.S. to M.P.H.) within the Rutgers School of Public Health, he or she must make a request, by completing a Request for Program Degree Transfer form found on the school's website. This form must be submitted to the Office of Admissions. The relevant department chair/concentration director of the new program degree will review the student's original admission file as well as the student's school transcript in order to make a decision regarding the transfer request. Changes in doctoral degree program (Ph.D. to Dr.P.H. or Dr.P.H. to Ph.D.) must be made at some point before the qualifying examination and requires a review by the concentration and doctoral coordinator and approval by the Doctoral Committee. Students should be made aware that all credits might not necessarily transfer from one degree program to another. A student can only be enrolled in one degree program of study at a time.

Concentration Transfers
If a student wishes to change their concentration, he or she must complete and submit a Request for Change of Concentration form to the receiving concentration. The department chair/concentration director of the receiving concentration will review the student's original admissions file as well as the student's school transcript in order to make a decision regarding the request. Requests for change in concentration may not be made until a student spends at least one semester in the concentration where he or she was originally accepted. A Request for Change of Concentration form is available on the school's website.

For additional information, contact RU-info at 732-932-info (4636) or
Comments and corrections to: Campus Information Services.

2018 Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. All rights reserved.
Catalogs Home