Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Undergraduate-New Brunswick
About the University
Undergraduate Education in New Brunswick
Programs of Study and Courses for Liberal Arts and Sciences Students
School of Arts and Sciences
School of Environmental and Biological Sciences
Mason Gross School of the Arts
General Information
Academic Policies and Procedures
Student Responsibility to Keep Informed
Registration and Course Information
Academic Credit
Scholastic Standing
Grade-Point Average
Class Year and Graduation Date
Deanís List
Time Limit for the Degree/Satisfactory Academic Progress
Poor Academic Performance
Poor Artistic Performance
Upholding Professional Standards
Failure to Follow the Curriculum
Academic Support Services
Degree Requirements
Programs of Study
Course Listing
Administration and Faculty
Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy
Rutgers Business School: Undergraduate-New Brunswick
School of Communication and Information
School of Engineering
Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy
School of Management and Labor Relations
Honors College of Rutgers University-New Brunswick
General Information
Divisions of the University
Camden Newark New Brunswick/Piscataway
New Brunswick Undergraduate Catalog 2022-2024 Mason Gross School of the Arts Academic Policies and Procedures Scholastic Standing Failure to Follow the Curriculum  

Failure to Follow the Curriculum

Students who fail to follow their major curriculum by not registering for any Mason Gross School of the Arts courses for one semester will risk artistic dismissal from their degree program and the Mason Gross School.

Students contemplating a change in major should first consult with their assigned adviser prior to making any changes to their schedule to receive guidance and support and avoid any negative outcomes.

Students not dismissed but who have failed to participate in the artistic portion of their curriculum for two consecutive semesters (for any reason) may be subject to completing an additional talent assessment with the department faculty to gain permission to continue with their degree program (in addition to any other requirements set by the department).
For additional information, contact RU-info at 732/932-info (4636) or
Comments and corrections to: Campus Information Services.

© 2005 Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. All rights reserved.