Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
The Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology
About the University
Overview of the School
Faculty and Administration Biographies
Areas of Faculty Research and Clinical Work
Administration and Faculty
Academic Programs
Degree Requirements
Degrees Conferred, Dissertations October 2002– May 2004
Tuition and Fees
Financial Aid
How to Apply
Sources of Financial Aid
Fellowships, Scholarships, and Grants
Other Sources of Aid
Restrictions on Financial Aid and Employment
Student Life and Services
Academic Policies and Procedures
Course Listing
Governance of the University
Divisions of the University
Camden Newark New Brunswick/Piscataway
  Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology 2005-2007 Financial Aid Sources of Financial Aid Other Sources of Aid  

Other Sources of Aid

Veterans Benefits. The U.S. Veterans Administration operates various education assistance programs for eligible veterans, war orphans, surviving spouses or children of any veteran killed while on duty with the Armed Forces, disabled veterans, dependents of a veteran with a service-related total disability, and certain members of the selected reserve. Inquiries concerning eligibility may be directed to the Veterans Administration office in Newark, New Jersey (800/827-1000) or to the veterans` coordinator on each campus. For New Brunswick, the number is 732/445-3557.

Veterans and others mentioned above who plan to utilize veterans` education benefits should initially present the Veterans Administration Certificate of Eligibility Form(s) and/or discharge papers (certified copy of the DD214) when registering for courses. If applying for other financial aid with the university, veterans must report the fact that they will receive veterans' education benefits to the Office of Financial Aid.

Veterans planning to train under Chapter 32 VEAP, Chapter 30 of the New (Montgomery) GI Bill of 1984, or Chapter 106 for Reservists are required by the university to pay cash for tuition, fees, books, and supplies, when due. Veterans, in turn, receive an allowance for each month of schooling based upon credits and the number of dependents.

No veteran may officially withdraw from a course (or courses) without prior approval from the academic services and/or dean of students offices. All withdrawals must be submitted in writing. The date of official withdrawal will be the determining date for changes in benefits. Failure to comply with the official school withdrawal procedure may affect both past and future benefits. Any change in schedule must also be reported to the campus Office of Veterans Affairs.

For additional information, contact RU-info at 732/932-info (4636) or
Comments and corrections to: Campus Information Services.

2005 Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. All rights reserved.