Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Graduate School–Camden
About the University
Graduate Study at the University
Financial Aid
Student Life
Student Programs and Services
Academic Policies and Procedures
Student Responsibility to Keep Informed
Registration and Course Information
Grades and Records
Academic Standing
Termination of Studies
Due Process
Student Academic Appeals
Student Complaints about Grades
Class Schedules and Hours
Rutgers University Academic Integrity Policy
University Code of Student Conduct Summary
Peer-to-Peer File Sharing
University Safety and Security
Office for Violence Prevention and Victim Assistance
Services for Students with Disabilities
Administrative Procedures for Responding to Disruptions
Policy Prohibiting Discrimination and Harassment
Policy against Verbal Assault, Harassment, Intimidation, Bullying, and Defamation
Drug-Free Schools and Campuses Act
Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act Reports
Graduation Rates
Teacher Preparation Program Pass Rates
Student Records and Privacy Rights under FERPA
Student Residency for Tuition Purposes
Research Policy and Research Centers
Patent Policy
Degree Requirements
Programs, Faculty, and Courses
School of Business–Camden
School of Social Work: Master of Social Work (M.S.W.) Program
Divisions of the University
Camden Newark New Brunswick/Piscataway
  Graduate School–Camden 2013–2015 Academic Policies and Procedures Academic Standing Student Academic Appeals  

Student Academic Appeals

Whenever possible, student academic appeals are handled within the graduate degree program. The student should take the issue first to the faculty member of record. If the ensuing discussions do not resolve the issue, the student should then bring the matter to the director of the graduate program (or a designate) for review. The director (or designate) consults with the relevant parties and reaches a determination on the case and notifies the student. If this process is unsuccessful, the matter is referred to a faculty committee for adjudication.

While action within the faculty normally is final, a student may appeal to the Graduate School–Camden if he or she feels that the decision was unfair. Any such request must be made within 30 calendar days of notification of the faculty committee's decision. Such cases will be reviewed as appeals by the associate dean of the Graduate School–Camden, who may appoint and consult with an ad hoc subcommittee (of two members) of the Graduate Directors. Decisions at the graduate school-level will be final.

For additional information, contact RU-info at 732-445-info (4636) or
Comments and corrections to: Campus Information Services.

© 2014 Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. All rights reserved.