Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Graduate School-New Brunswick
About the University
Graduate Study At the University
Other Graduate Study At the University
Degree Programs Available
Tuition and Fees
Financial Aid
Merit-Based Financial Aid
Need-Based Financial Aid
How to Apply
Part-Time Students
Employment on Campus
Other Financial Resources
Restrictions On Financial Aid and Employment
Student Services
Academic Policies and Procedures
Degree Requirements
Programs, Faculty, and Courses
Research Centers, Bureaus, and Institutes
Governance of the University
Divisions of the University
Camden Newark New Brunswick/Piscataway
  Graduate School-New Brunswick 2003-2005 Financial Aid Need-Based Financial Aid Other Financial Resources  

Other Financial Resources

Veterans Benefits. The United States Veterans Administration operates various education-assistance programs for eligible veterans, war orphans, surviving spouses or children of veterans killed while on duty with the Armed Forces, disabled veterans, dependents of a veteran with service-related total disability, and certain members of the selected reserve. Inquiries concerning eligibility may be directed to the Veterans Administration office in Newark, New Jersey (800/827-1000); the New Jersey Department of Military and Veterans Affairs in New Brunswick, New Jersey (732/937-6347); or to the veterans coordinator on each campus. For New Brunswick, the number is 732/445-3557.

Veterans and others mentioned above who plan to use veterans` education benefits should present the Veterans Administration Certificate of Eligibility Form(s) and/or discharge papers (certified copy of the DD214) when registering for courses. If applying for other financial aid with the university, veterans must report to the Office of Financial Aid that they will receive veterans` education benefits.

Veterans planning to train under Chapter 32 VEAP, Chapter 30 of the New (Montgomery) GI Bill of 1984, or Chapter 106 for Reservists are required by the university to pay cash for tuition, fees, books, and supplies, when due. Veterans, in turn, receive an allowance for each month of schooling based upon credits and the number of dependents.

No veteran may withdraw officially from a course (or courses) without prior approval from the academic services and/or dean of students offices. All withdrawals must be submitted in writing. The date of official withdrawal will be the determining date for changes in benefits. Failure to comply with the official school withdrawal procedure may affect both past and future benefits. Any change in schedule must also be reported to the campus Office of Veterans Affairs.

For additional information, contact RU-info at 732/932-info (4636) or
Comments and corrections to: Campus Information Services.

2005 Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. All rights reserved.