Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Camden Undergraduate
About the University
Undergraduate Education in Camden
Degree Requirements
Liberal Arts Colleges
School of Business-Camden
Academic Policies and Procedures
Student Responsibility to Keep Informed
Registration and Course Information
Late Registration
Successive Registration
Change of Courses
Special Registration Options
Intercollege Registration
Concurrent Registration in Institutions outside of Rutgers (Transient Credit)
Student Classification
Full- and Part-Time Status
Student Identification
Grades and Records
Class Schedules and Hours
Scholastic Standing
Rutgers University Interim Academic Integrity Policy
University Code of Student Conduct Summary
University Safety and Security
Sexual Assault Services and Crime Victim Assistance
Services for Students with Disabilities
Administrative Procedures for Responding to Disruption
Policy Prohibiting Discrimination and Harassment
Policy against Verbal Assault, Defamation, and Harassment Summary
Nondiscrimination Policy
Drug-Free Schools and Campuses Act
Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act Reports
Graduation Rates
Teacher Preparation Program Pass Rates
Student Records and Privacy Rights under FERPA
Student Residency for Tuition Purposes
Research Policy and Research Centers
Patent Policy
Divisions of the University
Camden Newark New Brunswick/Piscataway
  Camden Undergraduate Catalog 2008-2010 Academic Policies and Procedures Registration and Course Information Withdrawal  


A student who desires to withdraw from an undergraduate college must:

1. obtain a Notification of Withdrawal Form from the registrar or the Office of Academic Advising;

2. secure an appointment with an adviser in the Office of Academic Advising for the purpose of obtaining permission to withdraw without penalty;

3. be prepared to state in full, in writing, for the record, the reason(s) for withdrawing;

4. obtain signatures of approval from the financial aid, housing, and, if applicable, EOF offices; and

5. return the completed form, in person, to the registrar.

A student who leaves the college unofficially without following this procedure receives a grade of F, NC, or U in each course. A student who is unable to adhere to the above because of illness or other sufficient reason may submit the Notification of Withdrawal Form by mail to the registrar's office.

Refunds of tuition are calculated from the date when the written Notification of Withdrawal Form, approved by the Office of Academic Advising, is received by the registrar. See the tuition and fees website ( for information concerning the computation of refunds of tuition. A student is not eligible for a refund unless his or her withdrawal is formally reported to the registrar.

When a student officially withdraws from the college, a grade of Wis assigned in each course. This symbol is recorded on the student's record.

Withdrawal as such is not recognized during the last two weeks of class meetings; students leaving during this period receive standard grades for the semester.

Please note that notification to the instructor, adviser, or school does not fulfill the student's obligation to communicate directly and in writing with the registrar in all matters pertaining to changes in registration and withdrawal.

For additional information, contact RU-info at 732/932-info (4636) or
Comments and corrections to: Campus Information Services.

2009 Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. All rights reserved.