Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Graduate School-Camden
About the University
Graduate Study at the University
Financial Aid
Student Life
Student Programs and Services
Academic Policies and Procedures
Degree Requirements
Programs, Faculty, and Courses
Biology 120
Chemistry 160
Admission Requirements
Degree Requirements
Scholastic Standing
Graduate Chemistry Courses
Biochemistry Courses
General Interest Courses
Childhood Studies 163
Computer Science 198
Criminal Justice 202
English 200, 350, 352, 354, 615, 842
History 512
Liberal Studies 606
Mathematical Sciences 645
Physical Therapy 742
Psychology 830
Public Policy and Administration 834
School of Business–Camden
School of Social Work
Graduate School-Newark (on the Camden Campus)
Divisions of the University
Camden Newark New Brunswick/Piscataway
  Graduate School-Camden 2007-2009 Programs, Faculty, and Courses Chemistry 160 Scholastic Standing  

Scholastic Standing

In order to graduate, the cumulative GPA obtained from lecture course credits (only) must be 3.0 or higher. Any student whose average lecture course GPA for a given semester falls below 3.0 is automatically put on academic probation, and continued unsatisfactory performance may lead to separation from the program. Only one 2.0 and a maximum of 9 credits from grades of 2.0 and 2.5 can be counted toward the 30 credits. Further grades of 2.0 and 2.5 are not counted as credits and do not affect the cumulative GPA.

Student Appeals

Student appeals of decisions of the Scholastic Standing Committee, or student grievances related to academic matters, must be presented in writing to the director of the graduate program within one month of the decision(s). Acceptable grounds for appeal are (1) technical error and/or (2) new information and/or (3) extenuating circumstances. Students are allowed to meet with the committee and are permitted to be represented by an adviser from within the university community. In consultation with the Scholastic Standing Committee and all parties to the dispute, the director proposes a resolution of the matter. If this is unsuccessful, the matter is placed before the membership of the graduate program faculty for its decision. While such faculty action usually is final, a student may appeal to the Graduate School-Camden in cases where he or she is dissatisfied with the resolution.

Student Complaints about Grades

A student with a complaint about a grade must submit the complaint in writing to the course instructor within one week of the receipt of the grade. In the event of an unsatisfactory resolution of the problem, the student may appeal to the graduate program director, or designee selected by the graduate program, whose decision is final. Such appeal must be made in writing, no later than one week following the date of unsatisfactory resolution.

For additional information, contact RU-info at 732/932-info (4636) or
Comments and corrections to: Campus Information Services.

© 2009 Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. All rights reserved.