Social networking and media is offered as a concentration within the professional science master's program described under Business and Science 137.
The goal of the master of business and science (M.B.S.) degree with a concentration in social networking and media is to educate
students about the essential skills for managing technical development and
commercial applications in the computer/information technology industry and
social media environments. Students will be taught the principles and
application of information technology, management and planning, teamwork,
communication skills, and the fundamentals of making proper financial decisions.
The social networking and media concentration consists of four required
courses and three electives.
Core Courses (four courses, 12 credits)
1. User Experience Design (3 credits)
16:137:531 Introduction to User Experience Design (3)
2. Social Media (3 credits)
- 17:610:581 Social Informatics (3)
- 16:920:511 Social Network Analysis (3)
3. Social Media and Social Network Practicum/Internship (3 credits)
16:147:609 Professional Internship (3) (fall, spring, summer)
4. Information Technology Related (3 credits)
(Other IT courses can also be
substituted depending upon your IT background; please speak to your adviser.)
17:610:557 Database Design and Management (3)
- 17:610:550 Information Technologies for Libraries and Information Agencies (3)
- 16:137:560 Fundamentals of Systems Engineering for Engineering Management (Business Analyst) (3)
- 16:137:601 Mobile App Development from Concept to Market (3)
Electives (12 credits)
- 16:137:650 Digital Marketing /Social Media Marketing (3)
- 17:610:554 Information Visualization and Presentation (3)
16:198:673 Web Data Management (3)
17:610:559 Management Information Systems (3)
Course descriptions can be found at http://mbs.rutgers.edu.
Professor Deborah Silver