Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
School of Law-Newark
Academic Calendars
Dean's Message
About the University
The School of Law– Newark
Faculty and Administration
The Law Program
Minority Student Program
Tuition and Fees
Financial Aid
Sample Costs
How to Apply
Sources of Financial Aid
Fellowships, Scholarships, and Grants
Special State Grants
Nonuniversity Awards
Other Sources of Aid
Restrictions on Financial Aid and Employment
Student Services
Student Activities
Honors, Prizes, and Awards
Course Listing
Academic Policies and Procedures
Governance of the University
Divisions of the University
Camden Newark New Brunswick/Piscataway
  The School of Law - Newark 2004-2006 Financial Aid Sources of Financial Aid Other Sources of Aid  

Other Sources of Aid

Veteran`s Benefits. The U.S. Veterans Administration operates various education assistance programs for eligible veterans, war orphans, surviving spouse or child of any veteran killed while on duty with the Armed Forces, disabled veterans, dependents of a veteran with service-related total disability, and certain members of the selected reserve. Inquiries concerning eligibility may be directed to the Veterans Administration U.S. Department Regional Office (800/827-1000) or to the veterans coordinator on each campus. In Newark, the number is 973/353-5220.

Veterans and others who plan to utilize veterans` education benefits should initially present the Veterans Administration Certificate of Eligibility Form(s) and/or discharge papers (certified copy of the DD214) when registering for courses. If applying for other financial aid with the university, veterans must report that they will receive veterans` education benefits to the Office of Financial Aid.

Veterans planning to train under Chapter 32 VEAP, Chapter 35 (survivors and dependents), Chapter 30 of the New (Montgomery) GI Bill of 1984, or Chapter 106 for Reservists are required by the university to pay cash for tuition, fees, books, and supplies, when due. Veterans, in turn, receive an allowance for each month of schooling based upon credits and number of dependents.

No veteran may officially withdraw from a course (or courses) without prior approval from the academic services and/or dean of students offices. All withdrawals must be submitted in writing. The date of official withdrawal will be the determining date for changes in benefits. Failure to comply with the official school withdrawal procedure may affect both past and future benefits. Any change in schedule also must be reported to the certifying official located in the Office of the Registrar. In Newark, this office is located at 249 University Avenue (Room 309, Blumenthal Hall).

The Office of Veteran Affairs, located in the registrar`s office in Blumenthal Hall, serves student veterans at Rutgers-Newark and residents of the surrounding com-munities. Information and assistance are offered regarding GI benefits, admission, financial aid, work-study programs, tutoring, and employment opportunities. The office processes forms for New Jersey state veterans` benefits and grants, and keeps veterans informed of current state and national legislation affecting them. Both personal and group counseling for veterans is available. For information, call 973/353-5089.

For additional information, contact RU-info at 732/932-info (4636) or
Comments and corrections to: Campus Information Services.

2005 Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. All rights reserved.