The New Jersey Law School was registered with the Board of Regents of New York on March 2, 1922. In 1941, the University of Newark Law School became a member of the Association of American Law Schools. This membership was transferred to the School of Law-Newark in December 1946. Also in 1941, the University of Newark Law School was placed on the approved list of schools of the American Bar Association and registered by the Board of Regents of New York. This accreditation and registration continued after the incorporation of the school into the university.