School of Business-Camden Internship Program: Developing a Partnership between the School of Business and the Business World
The Rutgers School of Business-Camden (RSBC) internship program offers
qualified students an opportunity to gain professional employment
experience that complements their academic background in business. The
internship program is designed to supplement the academic program by
giving students a real-world employment experience prior to graduation.
- the opportunity to learn the practical application of their area of study;
- a good source for building a professional network;
- exposure to applicable theories being used in the business world;
- academic credit toward graduation requirements;
- increased Increased confidence, maturity, and responsibility;
- an excellent way to build a
Internship Program Structure
- Internships can be completed during the fall, spring, or summer semester*.
- RSBC internships are completed for a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6 course credits.
- Students must complete at least 120 hours in their internship position during the semester of enrollment.
- Students may obtain an internship that is not related to RSBC and have that position considered for academic credit.
- To apply for an RSBC-posted internships, student must submit the required documents through the Raptorlink posting(s).
- Written assignments pertaining to the experience are required, as per the course syllabus.
- Students must have a minimum of 45 credits completed at time of application to the internship course.
- Students must have completed English Composition I and Composition II and at least two business core courses; or
- Students must have completed Business Communications, Organizational Behavior, and Principles of Marketing.
- Students obtaining course credit for their internship should have a GPA of 2.75 or better at Rutgers University.
For complete program guidelines visit: http://business.camden.rutgers.edu/internships.