Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
The Mason Gross School of the Arts
About the University
About the School
Academic Policies and Procedures
Graduate Programs in Art and Design
Graduate Programs in Dance
Graduate Programs in Music
Information and Regulations for All Graduate Students in Music
Master of Music Programs
Doctor of Musical Arts Program
Performance Track
Music Education Track
Scholastic Standing
Transfer Credit
Artist Diploma Program
Graduate Courses
Graduate Programs in Theater Arts
Faculty and Administration
Divisions of the University
Camden Newark New Brunswick/Piscataway
  Mason Gross School of the Arts 2020-2022 Graduate Programs in Music Doctor of Musical Arts Program Transfer Credit  

Transfer Credit

As many as 3 credits of doctoral-level academic coursework earned in another accredited doctoral program may be evaluated for transfer toward the doctor of musical arts (D.M.A.) degree after a student has completed 12 credits at Rutgers. No undergraduate or master's-level credit may be transferred to the D.M.A. No graduate transfer credit will be accepted for courses in which the student received a grade below B. Any course for which a student requests transfer credit must be evaluated by the graduate adviser, the Graduate Oversight Committee, and the dean of Mason Gross School of the Arts. Students may be required to provide a syllabus for the course they wish to transfer. The responsibility for requesting transfer credit of graduate work lies with the student. A form for this purpose is available from the Department of Music and the Office of the Dean. The student should submit to the graduate adviser the completed form together with an official transcript of the graduate work for which credit is requested.

Students in the D.M.A. degree who have taken an equivalent course to 08:702:501 or 16:700:567, 568, may substitute an elective in lieu of a requirement to take these classes as part of the D.M.A. degree.

For additional information, contact RU-info at 848-445-info (4636) or
Comments and corrections to: Campus Information Services.

2021 Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. All rights reserved.
Catalogs Home