Admission to the master of public administration (M.P.A.) degree is based on evaluation of the following credentials:
- Completion of application for admission and payment of admission fee (http://gradstudy.rutgers.edu)
- Undergraduate grade-point average (official transcript required)
- Previous graduate work (if relevant, transcript required)
- Personal statement
- Letters of recommendation (three required)
- Current résumé
- Standardized test results (GRE, GMAT, LSAT, or equivalent)
Individuals seeking admission should submit the above materials for evaluation. The M.P.A. degree has rolling admissions except for international students, for whom sufficient time to process paperwork requires deadlines for specific semesters. Candidates for admission should complete the application as soon as practical and may begin courses in the next available semester following acceptance.
Nondegree status permits applicants to complete up to four courses (12 credits) as a nondegree student before requesting matriculation. Nondegree academic performance is included in credentials review for a matriculation decision.