Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Undergraduate-New Brunswick
About the University
Undergraduate Education in New Brunswick/Piscataway
Programs of Study For Liberal Arts Students
Douglass College
Livingston College
Rutgers College
University College
History and Aims of the College
Financial Aid
Academic Policies and Procedures
Degree Requirements
Programs of Study
Course Listing
Administration and Fellows
Cook College
Mason Gross School of the Arts
Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy
Rutgers Business School: Undergraduate-New Brunswick
School of Communication, Information and Library Studies (SCILS)
School of Engineering
Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy
General Information
Camden Newark New Brunswick/Piscataway
New Brunswick/Piscataway Undergraduate Catalog 2005-2007 University College Financial Aid Scholarships  


Atrion Corporation Endowed Scholarship. Awarded to a student pursuing a business major. The award is based on need and academic merit.

Barbara J. Deam Endowed Scholarship. Awards based on academic merit with a minimum GPA of 3.0.

Dr. Frieda and Israel Goldstein Endowed Scholarship. Awarded to qualified students with a minimum GPA of 3.2 majoring in history to pursue studies and develop a career in social sciences.

John J. and Regina Heldrich Endowed Scholarship. Awards granted with preference for graduates of Highland Park High School entering their first year at Rutgers.

Helen B. Hurd Endowment. Awards granted to outstanding New Jersey community college graduates transferring to University College-New Brunswick. Preference given to part-time students.

Clark K. Johnson Memorial Honors Scholarship. Awarded to a student with a 3.4 GPA, and completion of three honors courses. Student must have completed 60 credits for the bachelor's degree with a minimum of 12 credits at University College-New Brunswick.

Joseph A. and Marion H. Kaus Endowed Scholarship. Awards based on academic merit with a minimum 3.0 GPA.

Frank J. and Kathleen McGuire Endowed Scholarship. Award for students demonstrating academic merit or financial need.

Jason Minkin Memorial Award. Awarded to students entering University College who have overcome a significant life challenge.

Moms Off-Duty Scholarship. Awarded to a female student with a dependent child or children and demonstrated financial need.

Charlotte W. Newcombe. Awards granted to mature women with demonstrated need who are pursuing degrees as a means to a new career.

Provident Bank Foundation Endowed EOF Scholarship. Awarded to EOF students at University College based on academic merit, community service, and civic leadership.

Ethan Stein Endowment. Awarded to students who have completed the Transition Program and are in their first term at University College-New Brunswick.

J. Russell Tate Scholarship. Awarded to a part-time student who is attending college following work experience or time spent attending family responsibilities.

University College Governing Association Transition Program. Award for a Transition Program graduate who has completed at least 15 credits in University College with 3.2 or better GPA.

University College Honors Program. Awards for students enrolled in the University College Honors Program and taking an honors course.

University College Merit Scholarship. Awards granted to students who have completed at least 12 credits in University College with a 3.2 or better GPA.

University College-New Brunswick Alumni Endowed Scholarship. Scholarship awarded on the basis of a 500-word essay. The essay must describe how the uniqueness of University College has benefited the student. The student must show academic promise.

Joseph and Sharon Valesio Scholarship. Awards to students selected by the program administrator.

Veterans Benefits

Veterans and other persons planning to receive educational assistance benefits from the Veterans Administration (VA) are advised to secure VA approval for training prior to enrollment. Inquiries concerning eligibility should be directed to the Office of Student Services, Miller Hall, 14 College Avenue, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, or to the Veterans Administration, 20 Washington Place, Newark, NJ 07102.

A veteran, widow, war orphan, or dependent approved for training should present his or her Veterans Administration's Certificate of Eligibility forms when registering. In order to be certified for Veterans Educational Assistance Benefits, students must request that certification of enrollment be sent to the Veterans Administration at the beginning of each term.

Veterans planning to train under Chapter 32 VEAP, Chapter 30 of the New (Montgomery) GI Bill of 1984, or Chapter 1606 for Reservists are required by the university to pay cash for tuition, fees, books, and supplies, when due. Veterans, in turn, receive an allowance for each month of schooling based upon credits and the number of dependents.

No veteran may drop a course without approval from the Office of Student Services. The date of withdrawal is the determining date for benefits.

For additional information, contact RU-info at 732/932-info (4636) or
Comments and corrections to: Campus Information Services.

2005 Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. All rights reserved.