Applications for admission to the graduate program in biology should be submitted no later than March 1 for the fall semester if the applicant wishes to be considered for assistantships, fellowships, or other financial aid. For applicants not requesting financial aid, the application deadline for the fall semester is July 1. The application deadline for the spring semester is December 1. Applicants to the program must satisfy the following criteria:
1. Complete the baccalaureate degree with a major in the sciences, preferably in biology.
2. Submit transcripts showing satisfactory completion of basic biology courses, such as physiology, genetics, developmental biology, ecology, organic chemistry, college physics, and college mathematics through calculus.
3. Submit the results of the Graduate Record Examination.
4. Submit three letters of recommendation to the Office of Graduate and Undergraduate Admissions, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 406 Penn Street, Camden, NJ 08102.
5. Include a personal statement of graduate school plans.
6. Submit other supporting information, such as work or research experience and special skills.
Applications may be obtained and submitted online at http://gradstudy.rutgers.edu.